Google Search

Sunday, July 24, 2022

How to Practice the Art of Life Balance — By Stacey Hoffer Weckstein, Create a Balance

 

I believe life balance means different things to different people. To me, life balance is about balancing the demands of being everything to everyone while not losing my sense of self, my needs, and my passions in the process. Life balance means balancing the needs of my inner authentic self and the needs of all of the other things that demand my time, attention, and energy.

 

Life balance is a process, not a destination. I work hard to incorporate my needs and passions into my life. And since my needs and passions can change overtime, I also work on assessing my needs and passions on a regular basis. After years of living and breathing my passion for life balance, I have developed a life balance framework that works. Here is a quick summary…

 

1.      Spend significant time discovering your authentic needs and passions.

 

2.      Write down your life balance intentions and look at them often.

 

3.      Hold yourself accountable.

 

4.      Practice being selfish. Self nurture and self nourish your body, mind, and spirit.

 

5.      Take action. Be bold and daring and move forward with your dreams.

 

6.      Celebrate your life and all of your success. Life can be hard sometimes but there is a lot to celebrate if you can find time for gratitude.

7.      Share your stories with others. What you focus on expands so talk about your life balance goals as much as possible.

8.      Reflect and assess your actions on a regular basis to determine if you are off balance in any areas of your life.

9.      Repeat the process and continue on your journey (back to #1).

 

One thing I know for sure is that life balance is a process/journey, not a destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment