Google Search

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Life Balance — By Ankur Garg, Excerpts From My Life

 

What is Life Balance? Why is it important?

 

 

Just like a balanced diet would mean some amount of pulses, cereals and other nutritious items along with water in right quantity, and not just any one of them, a life balance according to me is about right mix of work and non-work activities a person should involve oneself. As the saying goes “Excess of everything is bad” delving too much into one activity takes away one of the interest, efficiency, health or sometimes even piece of mind. By doing other activities, one not only gets a change, but also rejuvenates oneself for a better overall performance on other fronts.

Now, delving into other activities mean not just physically but mentally as well. Most of the times we tend to be one-dimensional in the sense, chasing money and hence devoting oneself too much in work or sometimes in the name of work-life balance, one does involve in other stuff but is not completely there, while at work thinking of home, while at a picnic thinking of work so on and so forth. Life balance is exactly not about such a life.

Do everything that is important to you could be as simple as going for a walk with your kid or sitting a tad longer in your bath tub one hour and giving a critical presentation the other hour in your office. Be your 100 percent wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

What is life balance according to me?

 

Life balance for me would mean Going for jogging in the morning with my wife, sharing a little conversation with parents and other family members, reading newspaper before I get ready for work, a peacefully taken breakfast (I mention this because I am not able to practice this, often end up being hasty at this step) followed by my journey to work. At workplace, along with work, I would like to be good with people I am surrounded by, seeking the opportunity of socializing whenever I get a chance. Working efficiently and not staying late is another thing I hold important. On my way home, would

love to listen to Jagjit Singh. Finally once back home, no work and only family. While this defines a typical day, life balance would also mean occasional outings with friends and family to places in and out of my city, to recreate, to rejuvenate. Oh I forgot my visits to temple – simply love visiting Iskcon temples. To add to all this, spending time with myself – simply sitting and a light meditation is on my cards.

 

Presently, quite a part of it is what I still haven’t incorporated for the reason I am a single. I do find time for an early jogging a couple of times in week and also I make sure I spend time with myself and with family members. As far as living every moment aware of present, I try breathing techniques to get back to my calm self and channelize the energies in my body.

What it means to me? Life balance is gaining more and more importance for me with time. What a conventional effort at workplace does not fetch results, striking a balance in life, a small and beautiful change in routine often comes along with solutions to problems in life. It has also improved my efficiency over a period of time. So it has become a part of living life.


No comments:

Post a Comment