Google Search

Sunday, July 24, 2022

The Awesomeness of Life — By Stephen Cox, Balanced Existence


Have you ever sat quietly and just wondered at the awesomeness of life? Have you ever considered the colossal mystery that is existence? I’d be surprised if you hadn’t but perhaps you may not have given the subject much thought. If that sounds like you then try for just a moment to describe “existence”.

If you have given such questions a certain amount of thought then like me you probably noticed how very wondrous and strange the world and our very existence at this time, in this place, in this manner is. Don’t you find it amazing that all this has undertaken the formality of actually existing?

 

“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”  ~ Albert Einstein

 

Considering the nature of the universe it is very apparent at this time that the universe emulates itself on all levels. The universe is apparently holographic. The nature of a hologram is such that even the smallest piece of the hologram is an exact replica of the entire hologram. Scale is something produced by limited human perceptions as is time and disconnection as opposed to the gigantic all encompassing present and interdependence or oneness.

 

There is no matter as such. Everything is consciousness observing consciousness. The world is not stranger then we know. It is stranger than we can know!


It is amazing to know that every one of our cells have the exact same functions as our macro body does. Our cells breath air, eat food, have circulatory systems, and eliminate waste to name just a few emulations. Every one of our billions of cells is like this.

Together they form our macro-body. The universe is like those Russian dolls that stack inside each other.

 

“At the bottom every man knows well enough that he is a unique human being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvelously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time.” ~ Nietzsche

 

I will always remember as a child I sat comfortably in my father’s lap. I would hold his big heavy calloused hand in my own small child hands. Sitting there I would turn his hand over and then back again in a simply amazed and fascinated examination. Today I look at my own hand and witness a mystery that many of the greatest minds that have ever lived have failed to solve. I close my fist. Mind over matter.

Some of us may have lost our childlike wonder. I know for me personally the more I read, the more I observe and experience the more wondrous I grow. I feel the totality of my personality, my multiplicity of interests and evolving behavioral patterns are likely well beyond any one person’s ability to grasp. Including my own.

I am quite simply a very strange person and am willing to bet that in reality we all are. There is so much more to our lives, to this existence, then material things. There is much more to existence then the subjects of fixation by our limited physical senses. The deeper one goes within. Within becomes beyond. We truly are strangers in a strange land. Take a moment to wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment