Google Search

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Reach for Life Balance — By BC Doan, Reach Beyond Limits

 

I have always tried to find ways to balance my life, whether it is work, home, or my own responsibilities. We all have so many roles to fill, from being a parent, a daughter/son, a sister/brother, a friend, to being an employee.

Each role we play has its own hiccups. We learn to weave out the good and the bad, and then somehow try to find balance in order for us to be able to live with.

So What is Life Balance?

 

This is a tough question! I know what I want, and I know what works for me, but to give it a definition, I have to dig deeper. For me, life is balance when gives and takes, yes and no, happiness and sadness, meet somewhere close to the middle.

Why Do You Need Life Balance?

 

I need life balance to be a better person. Without balance, life would be a total chaos in all aspects of my human being. My emotional will be drained. My physical will be vulnerable to illness. My mental stage will be depleted.

How I Practice Life Balance

 

I practice life balance by paying attention to my own being, listen to what my body tells me, and do something that I love. For example, I give all my energy in taking care of my children, and when that energy runs low, I give myself permission to soak in a hot bath, without guilt. When my body is tired, I take ten minutes for a short nap.


What I Incorporate Into Life Balance?

 

              Love oneself

 

              Love others

 

              Accepting life as is

 

              Having faith

 

              Do one thing that I like every day

 

              Eating healthy foods

 

              Learn something new every day

 

              Reach beyond limitations

 

              Take time to count my blessings

 

              Develop appreciation for people and things around me

 

What are the Characteristics of Someone Practicing the Art of Life Balance?

 

              Calmness

 

              Easy going with a touch of happiness

 

              See the difference between big problem, and small one

 

              Accepting one's own situation, and find contentment from it

 

              Flexible in dealing with the unexpected

 

              Take life as it is, and try to make it better

The Essential Components of Life Balance

 

The essential components of life balance include: prioritize, discipline, scheduling, self- forgiving, contentment, happiness, giving yourself a pat on the back, be gentle with inner critic, and have compassion.

 

 

What Does Life Balance Mean to You?

 

Having life balance prevents me from burning out, preserve the person that I am, and enable me to embrace all living things around me. I can give myself freely, but also be selfish when needed too.

 

 

This is what life balance means to me! It is not perfect, but I am working on it every day. Life is constantly changing, even from day to day; therefore, I must also learn to go with the changes rather than against them.


No comments:

Post a Comment